Monday, September 3, 2012

Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip Part 1

I have always wanted to go on a road trip along the PCH. So when DH and I were brainstorming where to go for our anniversary getaway, I suggested a road trip along the coast.  He agreed and I started planning our trip. It was supposed to be just the two of us, but we can't bear to leave Macu behind. And since MIL and BIL are off that weekend, why not make it a family road trip then!






Traveling with a toddler meant making several stops along the way. So for the first leg of our trip, we stopped by Santa Barbara.  We loved going to the Old Santa Barbara Mission Church.  One of the 21 California Missions established by the Franciscans in California to convert the natives, it continues to be a main historical landmark in the city of SB drawing many tourists, Catholic and non-Catholic alike.




Going on a Friday meant fewer crowds.  And since we were there early, having left home at about 8:00 AM, we mostly had the place all to ourselves.  However, the Church itself is closed so I was not able to take a picture of the beautiful altarpieces. Tours available takes one through the Gardens, the Cemetery and the different rooms that make up the Church Museum.  Fees range from $1 - $4 depending on the age group.  There is also a gift shop in the church grounds for those who want to get religious paraphernalia or souvenirs.

Since we are in Santa Barbara already, I goaded my family into trying La Super Rica Taqueria.  I am a sucker for Yelp reviews and will mainly go to a specific place based on the opinion of the general review making public. 








We got rajas, tacos, quesadillas and tamales. They said the food here is more authentic than those found in LA.  But honestly, although the food is good, I still like our LA Mexican food. I definitely won't go out of my way to eat here. This is the first time I got rajas, and they are yummy.  The tamales are so-so.  DH said the quesadillas were good but not so much the tacos. Good thing we were there early.  By the time we were leaving, the line is already out the door. And they've only been open for 30 minutes!





No comments:

Post a Comment