Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip Part 4

After Hearst Castle, I wanted to check out Sebastian's Store. Again, being the Yelp groupie that I am, I've read a lot of good reviews about this place.  However, I failed to check their store hours and didn't realize that they close at 4:00.  We got there at 6:30 :\



So we went back to the hotel and I Yelped for other places to eat. Unfortunately, there weren't any really good spots around San Simeon. It IS kinda middle of nowhere.  So we just opted to check out the nearest restaurant -- Cavalier Restaurant.  I ordered steak tips, DH and MIL ordered fettucini alfredo -- seafood and chicken respectively. And BIL ordered a club sandwich I think.  The food is decent, although slightly pricey.  I guess the ambiance and the location (right beside the beach) is included in their pricing structure lol.






The next day, I was still determined to get my Sebastian's Store fix.  I rallied up the fam and made sure they are ready.  The place opens up at 11:00 AM, we got there at 10:30 so we killed time by strolling down the dock.



As soon as Sebastian's flipped their sign to OPEN we stood in line.  There were already about 5 people ahead of us.  And more started coming in after that!  I got the black bean burger deluxe, and the rest got burgers and sandwiches.




BURP! We were so full! Definitely fueled us for the 2.5 hour journey towards Monterey!

Some more sights along the way:






No comments:

Post a Comment