Monday, August 27, 2012

Macu's First Birthday Carnival - Candy Bar

This is one of my favorite parts of the party.  Well mainly because I designed it haha.  The Candy Bar!


I'm really happy this turned out well.  It totally showcased the Carnival theme I was going for.  The background is actually just bedsheet which DH and I covered with red crepe paper. I made the Happy Birthday banner.

The candy jars are DIY.  I scoured TJ Maxx, Ross, and thrift stores for candy jars and candle stick holders. Then I glued them together with a special glue for glasses and there you go! Instant apothecary jars! These usually go for about $30 - $70 each.  Saved some $$$ yeah!

Candies included gummy bears, gummy fish, M&Ms, skittles, gummy burgers and hotdogs, giant pixie sticks, gumballs, lollipops and other yummy candies.  Talk about sugar rush! No wonder the kids never stopped running around!


The cake was made by our friend Jason's friend.  I sent her pegs of how I wanted the cake to look like. Most importantly it needs to not be expensive! I canvassed around about two months before the party and by golly wow, so expensive! cheapest quote I got was $95 for a one tier cake! Good thing this cake is only about $100 and really yummy too. Best of all, Jason covered the cost! Thanks Ninong!


No comments:

Post a Comment